Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Reeses Pieces Cookies

By Jessica

Whenever I make a dessert I end up throwing a good bit out simply because I cant don't eat it all and my husband doesn't usually help much (go figure). So when I went to help my old workplace relocate I took these to share.  My fellow bakers said they enjoyed the molasses taste, and of course the construction workers scarfed them up. If you use regular brown sugar they will look lighter and have the normal cookie taste. They have a slightly different texture due to the oatmeal. If you want you could leave that out without any harm being done. Mine are a little on the dark side because I didn't have any brown sugar and made my own. Normally you take a little molasses and mix with granulated sugar until the regular sugar is slightly tinted and absorbs the molasses, which will make brown sugar.   I did a typical lazy Jessica thing and didn't really do that step. I just poured some molasses and the sugar in the mixer. So that's why they are dark and also have more of a molasses taste which you may enjoy. 






Ingredients:
  •         2 cups all-purpose flour
  •         2 teaspoons baking soda
  •        1/2 teaspoon salt
  •         1 cup unsalted butter, softened 
  •         1 cup smooth peanut butter
  •         1 cup sugar
  •         2/3 cup brown sugar (can be light for lighter cookies)
  •         2 eggs
  •         1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  •         1/2 cup rolled oats (optional)
  •         1 cup peanut butter chips
  •         Large Reese’s pieces bag
Directions: 
 
Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
  In the bowl of your mixer cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
   Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, then incorporate the dry ingredients. Slowly add oats and peanut butter chips.
   Place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for about 15 minutes. I just put in the whole mixer bowl.
  Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tablespoons) drop dough onto a plate of mini Reese’s Pieces and form into a thick cookie disc by smashing down the dough ball a bit. I fit 6 cookies to a baking sheet.
   Bake for 10 minutes.
You can make regular-sized cookies with a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop (bake for about 7 minutes).
Yields 12 monster size cookies and 36 regular.
 
 

1 comment: